How can I report a lost or stolen Chase debit card?

by gabriel.kutch , in category: Banking and Credit , a year ago

How can I report a lost or stolen Chase debit card?

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Telegram Whatsapp

1 answer

by vincenzo.murazik , a year ago


To report a lost or stolen Chase debit card, you can follow these steps:

  1. Call Chase Customer Service: Contact the Chase Customer Service at the earliest opportunity by dialing the phone number on the back of your debit card. If you can't find the number, you can call the general Chase customer service number at 1-800-935-9935.
  2. Report the Lost or Stolen Card: Once connected with a customer service representative, inform them that you have lost or had your Chase debit card stolen. They will guide you through the process of reporting the loss and canceling the card.
  3. Verify Your Identity: To proceed with the cancellation and investigation, the representative will ask you various security questions to verify your identity. Be prepared to provide personal information such as your full name, address, Social Security number, and account details.
  4. Review Recent Transactions: The representative might ask you to review recent transactions made on your account to identify any unauthorized charges. Make sure to check your statements or online banking before the call.
  5. Request a Replacement Card: Ask the representative to issue a replacement card for you. They will guide you through the process, and the new card will typically be mailed to your registered address.
  6. Monitor Your Account: After reporting the loss, continue to monitor your account for any suspicious activity. Chase will keep an eye on your account for unauthorized transactions, but it's also important to review your statements and activity regularly.

Additionally, you can also log in to your Chase online banking account or use the Chase mobile app to report a lost or stolen debit card. Look for the appropriate section related to card management or customer services to report the incident.