To scrape data from Zillow using Python, you can use the
requests library to send HTTP requests to the Zillow website and then use a library like
BeautifulSoup to extract the desired data from the HTML response. Here's a step-by-step guide:
- Install the required libraries:
pip install requests
pip install beautifulsoup4
- Import the necessary modules:
from bs4 import BeautifulSoup
- Define the URL of the Zillow page you want to scrape:
url = "https://www.zillow.com/homes/..."
- Send an HTTP GET request to the URL and retrieve the HTML response:
response = requests.get(url)
- Create a BeautifulSoup object by passing the HTML response and specify the parser:
soup = BeautifulSoup(response.content, "html.parser")
- Use the BeautifulSoup methods to find and extract the desired data. You can inspect the HTML structure of the Zillow page to identify the appropriate elements for extraction. For example, to extract the property prices:
prices = soup.find_all("div", class_="list-card-price")
for price in prices:
- Run the Python script to scrape the data.
Note: Scrapping may be against the terms of service of a website. Verify the website's policy and make sure to be respectful and limit the number of requests made to avoid overwhelming the website's servers.