To use Shopify POS (Point of Sale), follow these steps:
- Set up your Shopify account: Sign up for a Shopify account if you don't already have one. Choose a pricing plan that includes the POS feature.
- Download the Shopify POS app: Install the Shopify POS app on your iOS or Android device from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Connect your hardware: Connect compatible hardware, such as a card reader, barcode scanner, and receipt printer, to your device via Bluetooth or USB.
- Add and manage products: In your Shopify admin, add and manage the products you want to sell in your physical store. Provide product information like prices, variations, and images.
- Create payment options: Configure your payment options, such as accepting credit cards, mobile payments (like Apple Pay or Google Pay), or cash. You can also set up custom payment methods specific to your store.
- Customize your settings: Set up your store's settings, including taxes, tipping options, discounts, shipping, and tipping preferences.
- Enable offline mode: In case of internet disruption, enable the offline mode feature so you can continue processing sales. Once you're back online, the transactions will be synchronized with your Shopify account.
- Start selling in-store: Open the Shopify POS app, log in with your Shopify credentials, and start making sales by adding products to the cart and taking payment from customers. You can accept cash, credit cards, or mobile payments. You can also email or print receipts for customers.
- Manage inventory: As you make sales, your inventory will be automatically updated in your Shopify account. Keep an eye on the stock levels and replenish when necessary.
- Track sales and analyze data: Use the Shopify Analytics feature to track your sales, generate reports, and gain insights into your performance. This data can help you make informed decisions about your business.
Remember to update your POS app and Shopify account regularly to benefit from new features and improvements.