The specific requirements to open a savings account with Wells Fargo may vary depending on the individual's circumstances and the type of savings account they wish to open. However, in general, here are some common requirements to open a savings account with Wells Fargo:
- Age Requirement: You must be at least 18 years old to open a savings account as a primary account holder. In some cases, minors may be allowed to open a savings account with a parent or guardian as a joint account holder.
- Identification: You will need to provide a valid form of identification to open a savings account, such as a driver's license, passport, or state-issued ID card.
- Social Security Number: You will be required to provide your Social Security number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) for identification and tax reporting purposes.
- Initial Deposit: Wells Fargo may require an initial minimum deposit to open a savings account. The amount varies depending on the type of savings account you choose, but it is typically in the range of $25 to $100.
- Address and Contact Information: Wells Fargo will ask for your current address and contact information, including phone number and email address.
- Employment Information: Wells Fargo may ask for information about your employment, including your employer's name, address, and phone number.
- Other Bank Account Information: You may be asked to provide details of any existing bank accounts you have, such as account numbers or balances.
It is recommended to contact your local Wells Fargo branch or visit their website to get the most accurate and up-to-date information on the specific requirements for opening a savings account with Wells Fargo.