What is the process for reporting a billing error on my Chase credit card statement?


by richie , in category: Banking and Credit , a year ago

What is the process for reporting a billing error on my Chase credit card statement?

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Telegram Whatsapp

1 answer

by tess.kassulke , a year ago


To report a billing error on your Chase credit card statement, you can follow these steps:

  1. Review your statement: Carefully go through your credit card statement to identify the billing error. Examples of billing errors can include unauthorized charges, incorrect amounts, or double charges.
  2. Gather necessary information: Make sure to have all the relevant documentation and information related to the billing error. This may include the credit card statement, receipts, or any other supporting evidence.
  3. Contact Chase: Reach out to Chase's customer service immediately to report the billing error. You can do this by calling the Chase customer service number located on the back of your credit card or by logging into your online account and sending a secure message.
  4. Provide details: When contacting Chase, explain the billing error clearly and provide all necessary details, such as the date, amount, and description of the error. Be prepared to provide any supporting documents or evidence, if required.
  5. Follow up in writing: After contacting Chase, it is recommended to send a written complaint regarding the billing error. This can be done through a letter or email to Chase's billing inquiries address.
  6. Keep records: Maintain copies of all communication with Chase, including any written correspondence or messages exchanged. This will serve as evidence of your efforts to resolve the billing error.
  7. Investigation and resolution: Chase will investigate the reported billing error. They are required by law to respond to your complaint within a specific timeframe (typically 30 days). If the billing error is confirmed, Chase will make the necessary corrections and provide you with a credit. If the error is found to be invalid, Chase will provide you with an explanation.

If the billing error is not resolved to your satisfaction or if you face any further issues, you may consider filing a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).