What tax form is used for small businesses?

by roderick_marquardt , in category: Taxation and Accounting , 9 months ago

What tax form is used for small businesses?

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Telegram Whatsapp

1 answer

by garret_hahn , 9 months ago


The tax form used for small businesses in the United States is typically called Form 1040 Schedule C, also known as the "Profit or Loss from Business" form. However, it's worth noting that the specific tax forms used may vary based on the legal structure of the small business (such as sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, etc.) and the size and nature of its operations. It is recommended to consult with a tax professional or the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for accurate and personalized guidance regarding tax forms for small businesses.