If you have a complaint or want to report a realtor in Florida, you can follow these steps:
- Start by visiting the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR) website: http://www.myfloridalicense.com/DBPR/
- On the DBPR website, navigate to the "File a Complaint" section or search for "File a Complaint" in the search bar.
- Click on the "File a Complaint" link, which will take you to a page with instructions on how to file a complaint against a licensed professional.
- Review the instructions and gather any necessary documents or evidence to support your complaint.
- Proceed to file the complaint online by filling out the required information and providing details about the realtor's alleged misconduct.
- Alternatively, you can call the DBPR Customer Contact Center at 850-487-1395 or toll-free at 1-850-487-1395 to file a complaint over the phone.
- After filing the complaint, you will receive a confirmation receipt, and the DBPR will investigate the matter.
It's essential to follow the appropriate channels and provide accurate information to ensure your complaint is properly addressed.