To use Shopify's abandoned cart recovery feature, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Shopify admin account at admin.shopify.com.
- Go to the "Settings" section, and click on "Checkout."
- Scroll down to the "Abandoned checkouts" section.
- Enable the feature by checking the box next to "Automatically send abandoned checkout emails."
- Customize the email sent to customers by clicking on the "Email editor" button.
- In the editor, you can personalize the subject line and email content to suit your brand and engage potential customers.
- Use the available variables to insert dynamic information like the customer's name, the abandoned items, and a link to their cart.
Note: Shopify provides a default email template that you can modify, but it's recommended to customize it to match your store's tone and branding.
- Save your changes and exit the editor.
- Test the email by initiating an abandoned cart yourself or use a test mode provided by Shopify to see if you receive the email.
- After testing, enable the feature to start automatically sending emails to customers who abandon their carts.
Shopify's abandoned cart recovery feature will automatically track and send emails to customers who leave items in their carts without completing the purchase. This helps remind and incentivize them to return to your store and complete the checkout process.