Some of the benefits of the Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card include:
- Generous sign-up bonus: The card offers a lucrative sign-up bonus for new cardholders, typically in the form of a large number of bonus points that can be redeemed for travel rewards.
- Travel rewards: Cardholders earn 2X points on travel and dining expenses, making it especially beneficial for those who frequently travel or dine out. The points can be redeemed for travel purchases, including flights, hotels, rental cars, and cruises, through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
- Flexibility in redemption options: Points earned can be transferred at a 1:1 ratio to various airline and hotel loyalty programs, providing more flexibility in redeeming rewards. This allows cardholders to potentially get higher redemption values or access to exclusive travel benefits.
- Travel protections: The card offers a range of travel-related benefits, such as trip cancellation/interruption insurance, baggage delay insurance, travel accident insurance, and rental car insurance, providing peace of mind while traveling.
- No foreign transaction fees: The Chase Sapphire Preferred card does not charge any foreign transaction fees, making it a great choice for international travelers.
- Access to Ultimate Rewards program: Cardholders gain access to the Chase Ultimate Rewards program, which offers additional features like combining points from multiple Chase cards, shopping through the Ultimate Rewards portal, and exclusive events and experiences.
- Purchase protections: The card provides various purchase protection features, such as extended warranty protection and purchase protection against damage or theft, offering additional security for cardholders.
- Transferability to premium Chase cards: Points earned with the Chase Sapphire Preferred can be transferred to a premium Chase credit card like the Chase Sapphire Reserve, offering increased redemption options and potentially higher value.
It's important to note that benefits and offers can vary, and it's recommended to review the most up-to-date information from Chase directly or consult the terms and conditions associated with the card.